Saturday, August 20, 2011
Hello Gentle Readers,
You ever have a day where you realize you’re a bit busy? I had that happen to me recently. It wasn’t, as you would expect, because I haven’t blogged in a while. Lag between blogs is pretty much the standard for all writers. Lags are cool.
No wait, bowties are cool. Also legs. Lags are not cool, sorry about that.
I teach in my real job. It’s not glamorous, but it pays the bills and allows me to have the internet. I like the internet, they have dancing monkeys and baby sloths. Also this blog. Which, you knew already, because you’re reading this. The other day, our first day back in school, was a bit busy.
In one day I:
- Had to tell my boss the same information three times, because apparently he forgot that we had just had this conversation.
- Helped students find their classroom because someone decided to rearrange classrooms at the last second.
- Rearranged the furniture in three classrooms because I’m the only man on our hall, and moving things is apparently what men are for.
- Fixed the copier. This was actually less impressive than it sounded, since they do have instructions. And I can follow instructions.
- When my boss, not the boss I had to tell three times, but his boss (yes I’m not actually the ONLY MAN on my hall that was sarcasm), when my bosses boss asked how I fixed the copier I wiggled my fingers and said “Magic”. She laughed.
- Went out for drinks with co-workers.
- Before that, I taught four classes in one day. It was a bit busy.
So, after that day, which was capped off with drinks at Ruby Tuesday’s, I came home to relax. It’s nice to relax every now and then, especially after a hard day’s work.
That was when I discovered something interesting: I was wearing two different shoes. Not like a brown and black dress shoe. Nope, I was wearing a hiking boot and a sneaker. It was that kind of day.