Monday, April 4, 2011

Saturday was an amazing day for me


To start with, I had lunch with a dear actor friend, who not only opened my eyes to the struggles actors go through, but also made me realize how little I actually knew of her. 

Suffice it to say, she is an awesome glacier of experiences, and I barely know the tip. I can’t wait to see what amazing things are going to happen for her, and when she gets a website, I’ll be glad to share it with you, gentle readers. 

I also went to a wedding, where two of my graduate school classmates were marrying. He’s a Director and respectable actor in his own right, and oddly enough a partial inspiration for my Dan Landis character. She’s an absolutely fantastic actress, comedienne, and all around great human being. I love them both dearly. 

And then something magical happened. The two of them got married at a beach house, and it was pouring down rain. The moment the bride began marching, however, the rain stopped. The skies cleared. And as the bride and groom said their vows, a rainbow formed over their heads. It was an amazing and magical experience that I am obscenely happy to have witnessed. 

On the drive home, I somehow found myself partnered with this one car. Now, I’m actually a great car to drive behind, as I do a pretty steady speed, always use my turn signal, and drive faster than the speed limit. 

I guess the guy behind me realized this. Or else I was playing Bandit to his Snowman, and he was counting on me to get the cops attention. 

But, I don’t believe that. I believe that for about 100 miles of interstate driving, we shared a special partnership. When I left to get gas, he flashed his lights and I waved.

Saturday was an amazing day for me.

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool to make 'stranger connections'...reminds us we are all in it this life together. :)

    ReplyDelete