Friday, April 8, 2011

Bwahahaha....


Hello Gentle Readers, 

In celebration of my 20th blog post, I’d like to tell you a story. A story of the Bwahahaha. Now to be fair, the laugh has been around for quite some time. It represents a special time, a time when slightly deranged, but brilliant, men would often go about making experiments. Usually with the assistance of a hunchbacked assistant with a lisp. Though admittedly the lisp was optional. 

It was a special time. 

But, that’s not what this is about, gentle readers. As amusing as it would be to tell you about mad experiments to combine a colley and a sheep into, well, probably a very confused animal who could herd himself, no I want to tell you about one of my favorite heroes. 

Yes, I have heroes. Fictional heroes. One of my favorites is a character named “The Blue Beetle”. He’s my avatar (no literally, that’s him, the Bwahaha guy). For some reason, I just love the idea of a guy who dresses all in blue (my favorite color) flies around in a beetle jet (seriously!) and wears goggles. If I could get away with goggles instead of glasses, I so would. 

Because that would be awesome. 

It doesn’t hurt that the Blue Beetle’s main weapon is a light gun, meaning a gun that shoots a blinding flash of light. 

He’s, admittedly, a third rate super hero, but that’s part of his charm. 

Plus he hangs out with a janitor from the 31st Century who stole a superhero costume and traveled back in time. And that man’s name is Booster Gold. 

There’s just something inherently fun about two guys who hang out, sort of fight crime, and laugh uproariously at various things. 

Thanks for sticking with me, and here’s to another twenty posts!

2 comments:

  1. This is what "Bwahahaha" brought to my mommy mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0lzINY1OQc
    One of my favorite episodes to drive to. Lots of "Bwahahaha"ing throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never really paid that much attention to the Backyardigans. That's funny!

    ReplyDelete