For those who don't know, Jacinta Maree has a new book out. More importantly, Jacinta is awesome (and a friend to the blog).
She's also Australian. And you know how much I love Australians.
Jacinta was kind enough to share her Top Ten Favorite Monsters:
- Dragons - All time favourite. Dragons have so many different stories and myths behind them it’s difficult to pick what type of dragon I like the best.
- Sirens - I’ve always been fascinated by Sirens thanks to their deadly yet beautiful nature. I think I like them because they can be portrayed as both good and evil.
- Reapers - Death itself, everything about a Reaper is fascinating. Like dragons, there are many different versions of reapers. I feel like Reapers are the best way to describe fear.
- ShapeShifters - I wouldn’t mind having the ability to shapeshift. The possibilities would be endless.
- Ghosts - Ghosts completely baffle me. Are they friendly? What do they want? Why are they here? There’s a mystery to ghosts that I can never really wrap my head around.
- Banshee - Much like Sirens, Banshee’s are often depicted as evil creatures but I find them to be absolutely fascinating.
- Vampires - The old classic, vampires have been a source of fear and desire for a very long time. I find Vampires are like super humans only constricted to the night.
- Werewolves - Werewolves are primal and act on their animalistic urges. Though these qualities aren’t something I find alluring, they definitely are fascinating creatures to try to understand.
- Mermaids - I don’t know much about the tales of mermaids, but I’ve put them on the list thanks to their darker side. Mermaids, like Sirens, have a twisted urge to drown or kill man. I want to know why.
- Angels - Angels are on the bottom of my list only because I find they are usually the most straightforward therefore boring class. But, in some cases, Angels have a twisted side too which makes them more interesting to read about.