Monday, March 25, 2013

Les Mimsey

Hello Gentlereaders,

So, I had some time on my hands and decided to catch up on this fun and exciting musical everyone keeps telling me about. That's right peeps, I went with Les Misérables

Pictured: Fun for the whole family

In all fairness, I was vaguely aware of what this story was about. I mean, I knew there was this guy Jean Claude Van Damme and he was being hunted by Xavier...



Not remotely true, but can you imagine that movie?

So yes, I finally saw the movie of one of the most adapted stories ever. No joke, in the last twenty-five years, there have been EIGHT MOVIES! And that's not including the ripoffs, homages, and adaptations. Including one of my favorite Terry Pratchett novels. 




So yes, I finally dreamed a dream. I hear the people sing. I saw the Castle On a Cloud. I am the Master of the House. I...something something lovely ladies. 

 This is not the wacky adventure film promised by 
having Catwoman, Gladiator and Wolverine on the poster!

About halfway through, right after Catwoman dies (spoilers?)...I began to wonder if this movie wouldn't be a whole lot better, if Wolverine and Gladiator had just admitted their love for each other. Maybe sang a little ditty, and drove off together at the end in a flying convertible....


Yeah, every time Javier opens his mouth, try not to think 
"You are the one I want! O! Oo! Ooo!"
 
Jay Mims has been singing "Master of the House" for the past twenty-four hours. He collects spores, mold and fungus. He writes books and is far funnier on Facebook then in real life. He is terrible at Twitter. His next book "The Gray Ghost Inn" is due out Fall 2013.
 












2 comments:

  1. I am totally skipping this movie. I am not a fan of musicals.

    Your version, I would be interested in though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can promise in my version everyone lives, Catwoman doesn't die, and the cop is played by Peter Sellers. And Catwoman is played by Eartha Kitt.

      Delete