Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Best Bus Ride EVER!

Hello Gentle Readers,

There's something important you should know about me. I have a very warped sense of humor.


Also, I've seen this movie WAY too many times!

I have this weird double whammy of being inexplicably memorable to people combined with having the memory of a goldfish. 

He's seen some things.

When a beautiful woman walks up to me and asks "Did we date in college?" I reply "Probably."

Ladies.




The Mimsus traveled recently, as she is want to do. Seriously, that woman's been in more countries then Carmen Sandiego

Pretty sure she owns that hat, too. 

I went to pick her up at the airport, because I'm awesome like that. We rode the shuttle bus, because I wanted to meet her at the airport, and TSA now frowns at abandoning cars at the terminal. 





Hugs were exchanged, we hopped on the bus, and off we went! It was while I was making what I am sure was a HILARIOUS observation about pop culture minutia, that a woman turned to me and said "I thought I recognized that voice!"


Odds are pretty good I was talking about Cool Runnings.
That or my books
Pretty sure it was Cool Runnings.
 Being the naturally gregarious person I am, I immediately gave her my usual happy grin, and began talking with her. I have often been complimented on being cheerful. I have also been described as ANNOYINGLY CHEERFUL. 



The problem is, I was not who this woman thought I was. The great thing was, I realized this about thirty seconds into the conversation. The bus ride lasted five minutes. Seriously, The Mimsus and I spent roughly five minutes carrying on a very lovely conversation, catching up on her kids, how my sister is still working on college, how my folks are fine. Pretty much the standard Southern people conversation. IT WAS AWESOME!

 This was my expression the entire time. 

The only sad thing was, I totally forgot to tell her how I've now become a quasi-succesful mystery writer! I have a Christmas mystery the Five Santas, an unpronounceable mystery Cult of Koo Kway, and a really well-written bed and breakfast mystery The Gray Ghost Inn.


And a lovely wife whose willingness to put up with me
is only rivaled by her obsession with Vermont Teddy Bears.


So, Chad and Jamie's Mom, if you're reading this, I apologize for not coming clean. Hope you can forgive me, and please know how happy I am for your children's continued success. 


Jay Mims writes books, blogs, and actually blogged about getting married. Jay lives with The Mimsus, a passive aggressive Dalek named Steve, and a cat named Eartha Kitty. Jay is far funnier on Facebook then in real life. He is terrible at Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment